At the moment

In general this Blog, through July 2005, will concentrate on my work in the Pepperdine OMET program. Some days my entries will be focused and well written but I'm quite sure that there will be days when the entries will be pure stream of consciousness. It will be fascinating to watch the progression over the next year.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Miles ELC

I want to Blog tonight but I also want to eat and sleep (after QEftSG is over). I think food and sleep may win out, so this is short tonight.

Posted several responses to the ARP BB notesfile. Then I posted my personal DLC definition to that discussion board. What I wrote on DLCs kind of surprised me. First of all - I actually decided to start out in the very first discussion with a bit of an opposing viewpoint (cool but also kind of scary). Second - although the basic definition that I offered is a nice summary of everything I've been contemplating over the last several days, I had NO IDEA that I would conclude w/ a description of Miles ELC (my first school)... that was a sort of stream of consciousness surprise. It really took me back to my childhood, which is very interesting considering that I was feeling like a bit of a child earlier tonight when dealing w/ my feeling of guilt for asking for too much monetary support from my parents. I think part of it is that I want to feel like an adult who can do everything on my own and part of it is that they are so very generous and I don't want to ever catch myself expecting it (like a petulant child). The emotion it evoked was rather overwhelming, so maybe it isn't surprising that I found myself reminiscing about grade school - a time when it was perfectly OK for parents to take care of me completely.

Ok... food, QE, and Bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Hi Susan,

I have noticed something simiilar to what you post...working alone in the safety of our homes I think we have access to a wider part of our minds. I think that there are filters that we put on during the day. But we take them off when we are alone. This makes it possible for us to make wider, more personal and perhaps more meaning links in our thinking. And by sharing these stories, peple come to know us on a more personal level. The move between personal and intellectual content is something that seems to change the nature of the learning. Keep monitoring this and see what you think as you move along. I would be interested.

Margaret

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home